market-farming - [Market-farming] Rye and Beds

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wyatt Jones" <wyatt_jones AT netzero.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Rye and Beds
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 19:36:45 -0500

I've been thinking about planting rye, mixed with dwarf clover, between my beds for weed suppression and to keep down the mud for access in wet weather but the allopathic effect has me wondering whether it would be a good idea as the roots are bound to grow into them somewhat.  Has anybody tried this or have any alternate suggestions that work particularly well for this purpose?

Wyatt

Make order out of chaos with a new filing cabinet. Click now!