market-farming - [Market-farming] Available: Jerusalem Artichoke tubers (aka Sunchokes)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Bobbett <bobbett AT alltel.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Available: Jerusalem Artichoke tubers (aka Sunchokes)
  • Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 02:36:36 -0500

I have organically grown (I'm Certified Naturally Grown) Jerusalem Artichoke tubers available for sale; some people know them as Sunchokes.

I didn't know whether you could post items for sale (from your farm) on this list, but a few months back another member posted his Garlic for sale (which I also grow and sell), and even tho I sent a message to the list owner asking if I could post the same thing, I never got a response back. I hope this posting doesn't offend anyone.

For further reading or to learn about jerusalem artichokes if you've never heard of them, grown, or eaten them, can be found here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem_artichoke (MY tubers do NOT look like the ones featured on this site)
http://planetgreen.discovery.com/food-health/try-a-new-vegetable-jerusalem.html (mine look more like these)
http://homecooking.about.com/od/foodhistory/a/sunchokehistory.htm (and also these)
http://www.holoweb.com/cannon/jerusale.htm (mine also look like these)

I am selling the tubers on a first-come, first-served basis, and I will be offering the largest tubers first. When they run out, I will give out two smaller ones for the price of one larger one.

Prices are $0.50 for each large tuber; no minimum order.
Shipping will be Priority Mail and based on the following:
1-6 tubers use the 1# shipping rate
7-12 tubers use the 2# shipping rate
13-18 tubers use the 3# shipping rate 19+ tubers will probably ship cheaper using the $9.80 one rate box

To figure out your shipping costs, if you want to know beforehand, go to www.usps.com and click on Calculate Postage at the top of the page. Then select Calculate Domestic Postage. Choose 'Package' and fill in either 1, 2, 3# and zero ounces. Use 42539 as my zip and then put in yours. Date of shipping doesn't matter. The next page will show you the rate for Priority Mail.

Tubers will be shipped on Monday-Wednesday so that no package should be left sitting in a PO or warehouse over the long weekend. I will pick the tubers fresh 24hrs or less before shipping. They will be put in a plastic bag with some dirt clinging to them (to preserve moisture), and then wrapped in newspaper. Tubers should be planted as soon as possible after arriving. If you can't plant right away, moisten them slightly and keep in your frig for up to 10 days. Of course, you can eat them too if you're not purchasing them as seed.

Will ship to the contiguous 48 US states only.

For payment I accept:
PayPal to bobbett AT alltel.net
Money orders (generic or postal in US$)
discretely sent cash at your own risk
postage stamps
Tubers will be shipped after payment is received. NO personal checks will be accepted.

Please send orders or questions to bobbett AT alltel.net I will confirm all orders within 24 hrs. If you have not received a confirmation within that time, please re-send your email.

Send your full name and mailing address with your order, please.

Thank you.
Bobbett, KY zone 6
http://www.localharvest.org/store/M19189&ul

  • [Market-farming] Available: Jerusalem Artichoke tubers (aka Sunchokes), Bobbett, 11/01/2008