market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Singing the praises of a new (to me, anyway) vegetable

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Singing the praises of a new (to me, anyway) vegetable
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 10:44:34 -0400

Greetings, Pat!
I was wondering about senposai, after reading about it at the
Evergreen Seeds website! A cross between two things we like - Komatsuna
and cabbage. The leaves in the photo look very much like the cabbage
Collards that we received in the round robin and grew out ( btw, great
hit with the neighborhood back here in the hollar!!). I am wondering how
it went with pests? Did they attract the flea beetles ( like my
komatsuna always do!) or the cabbage loopers? Are they sweet as the
catalogue says?!
Good growing to you, and thanks for all your great info sharing on lists!
Toni in KY ( a real canning fool this past month:)

p.s. My new to me vegies this year past were Salsify ( now grown out to
seed for sharing around!) and a new crop of Flageolets, for next year's
bean bounty.
Need cash? Click to get an emergency loan, bad credit ok
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3mKmyOJGtpJuQekSSmtFBhmUA5KRDQ3R6GIsNvSZVZ2GdZwQ/