market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] apricot prices?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tom at Limerock" <limerock AT thirdplanet.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] apricot prices?
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 07:01:53 -0400

We are selling heaped up pints for $2.50 and heaped up quarts for $4.75 at our roadside market.

Have been considering lowering our prices due to the quantity we are picking.

Did sell one peck for $19.00 (the lady did not like the price but did pay it).

$40 for half-bushel wood crates initially, then $35 for the small varieties and $40 for the larger ones.  One variety is the size of peaches.

Giving thought to lowering these prices, once again due to crop volume.

Tom

Lake Erie shores, Ohio