market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] mulching - wood splitter

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <sunnfarm AT netscape.com>
  • To: "David R. Hibbeln" <dhibbeln AT earthlink.net>, "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] mulching - wood splitter
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 05:24:36 -0700

What is a good "ton" splitting force and hydraulic capacity to look for in a
log splitter. What do you think of the splitters sold by Northern...
I quit using wood 15 years ago for heating my greenhouses. This year I will
be going back to wood as a supplment to oil heat. I will be buying bulk logs
and recutting and splitting myself. As much as I enjoyed the rush of hand
splitting, it gets old pretty quick. Not to mention Im getting old... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.