market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] sizing up brassicas

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <sunnfarm AT netscape.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] sizing up brassicas
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 07:32:56 -0700

Over hardened transplants often stunt out like yours did... Cabbage should be growing well this time of the year but its too hot in most parts of the country to grow good cauliflower and broccoli. I seed my broccoli, cabbage, brussel sprouts and kale this week and plant in August to get a good fall and winter harvest. There is still plenty of time to start over... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.