market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] rabbit control and dogs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Stephanie Nosacek <breezynosacek AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] rabbit control and dogs
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 03:31:21 -0400

Before you all start training dogs to hunt and kill rabbits, you ought to
make sure that you don't have neighbors that raise rabbits, otherwise they
will be mighty angry!

I raise rabbits and it never fails that our neighbor lets his dogs loose,
especially at night when they start barking at the deer and they will
eventually come over here and try to get at my rabbits which are all caged.

I've got one breeding doe that had her hip broken while she was preggers and
one doe that about chewed her babie's foot off trying to keep the dogs from
getting it.

She's one of the best breeders I've got! Guess what! I told hubby that I was
getting a gallon of pepper and putting it around the yard the next time they
came into it.

Of course another neighbor shoots any dog that runs loose on his property
because they tear up his garden and attack his miniature goats.

Please be responsible.

Steph