market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] New Chicks

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: lucy Owsley <boulderbelt AT voyager.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] New Chicks
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 21:29:25 -0400

On Jun 2, 2008, at 8:10 PM, DFORD8N AT aol.com wrote:

I've got my chicks out now in a tractor, after four weeks in the house -- what a mess -- why didn't somebody warn me?

Anyway, when will the chicks figure out on their own that it's time to go night-night and return to the shelter of the coop without me having to chase them down?

Dave in WV

They don't figure out how/when to go indoors until about 14 to 18 weeks, in other words, long after you have killed them.

Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Eco-Farm
Eaton, OH