market-farming - [Market-farming] Drip Tape Laying

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Harriet Allen <hattie_allen AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Drip Tape Laying
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 10:41:24 -0700 (PDT)

I had this green "wagon" thing from Lowe's or Home Depot.  It is commonly sold for gardeners and is green, one piece with these short little legs that got caught on just everything.  You wouldn't buy one for a farm if you knew how awful it was to use.  It is an Ames product and is called an easy roll yard cart..

Well, I put a pole through the drip tape and set it in that cart.  The cart has a little shelf of sorts with holes for the scissors and everything I need out there for the drip tape.  I like it because it is really stable with the drip tape in it and I can easily wheel it from row to row without lifting and setting up anything else, except being very careful not to catch it's dratted little feet on things.  Then I can carefully roll it into protection when it rains so I don't ruin the reel cardboard.  I bet hundreds of these can be found at yard sales!

Hattie's Garden
31341 Kendale Rd.
Lewes, DE 19958
302-945-0350

  • [Market-farming] Drip Tape Laying, Harriet Allen, 05/29/2008