market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Sources for BT for potatoes andeconomicalNEEM (?)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Bill Shoemaker" <wshoemak AT inil.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Sources for BT for potatoes andeconomicalNEEM (?)
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 07:20:45 -0500

I would appreciate that Kurt. Thanks. Would you also ask him his opinion on the possibility that the beneficials may have impact cuke beetle populations too?

Bill

Bill,

I will check with my Cornell Cooperative Extension veg advisor, Robert Hadad, to see if he can tell us what beneficials helped out last year. I also noticed a significant reduction in striped cuke beetles in my cucurbits last year. Perhaps the buckwheat presence helped there, too.

Kurt Forman
Clearview Farm
Palmyra, NY 14522