market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] new to the list

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] new to the list
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 09:11:44 -0500

Welcome to the list, Jaime!
Glad you found it. I come from CA almond country, and sorely miss
much of the wonderful bounty from your area
that i had taken for granted - now live in KY, with 90 days less growing
season. Do you happen to be around Capay or farther south in the
valley? There sure are some wonderful CSA models all along thru there,
and i hope it works for you and the local folk. The more the healthier!
I used to teach gardening at a Waldorf methods public school in
Sacramento, and we toured some great CSA's out there with the kids. Have
you been able to go about and see what others are doing yet?
Toni