market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] jalapeno seed

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] jalapeno seed
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 11:20:18 -0600

On Sun, Feb 03, 2008 at 04:01:40PM +0000, cjmaness AT juno.com wrote:
> We like 'Conchos' we get the seed from Johnny's.

Several years ago Bill Bradshaw gave me a pound or so of Conchos seed.
I still have some in the freezer; it was viable last year and I expect
it to be viable this year. Those wanting some, send me your address
and the desired quantity. I will send out a few packet sized requests
for free; if there are many requests, I will ask you to PayPal me a
dollar. Reply off list, please, to mckemie at spamcop dot net.

Bill, apparently, has moved on to better varieties. I am satisfied
with Conchos. It makes big, maybe 4"-5" fruit early on, for a month or
so, then it tends to produce normal size fruit for the rest of the
year.

I haven't looked in the freezer to make sure it's there, but I'm pretty
sure it is. I'll look when/if I get some requests.

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime 50 days 6 hours 09 minutes