market-farming - [Market-farming] Wala Wala Bulbing Early

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marty Kraft <martyk AT allspecies.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Wala Wala Bulbing Early
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:58:26 -0600

I planted some wala wala onions in flats in October and left them under constant light. A couple of weeks ago when they started to bulb I realized my error and put a timer on the lights and gave them 8-10 hours of light per day.

Has anyone had experience reducing the photoperiod after the onions have started to bulb and still had them produce good size onions at the proper time? I have been advised that I have triggered the reproductive process and the onions will proceed to maturity early even though they are very tiny now.

Thanks

Marty Kraft
Kansas City

  • [Market-farming] Wala Wala Bulbing Early, Marty Kraft, 12/17/2007