market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Harvesting equipment

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Fellenz <fellenz AT fltg.net>
  • To: susangivingtree AT earthlink.net, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Harvesting equipment
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:17:12 -0500

Take a look at the Vegetable Grower News  ( http://www.vegetablegrowersnews.com/pages/current.php ).  It is published in Michigan and the print edition has many ads from area equipment and used equipment dealers.  The classifieds often list the types of equipment you are looking for also.

Andy

Susan Houghton wrote:
380-220071211713478289 AT earthlink.net" type="cite">

We have been a smallmarket "garden", with 21 acres of ground, 7 of it in a variety of veggies, and 8 high tunnels.  We have lots of growing experience, and lots of marketing experience.
    Now we would like to do some larger quantities of some veggies and sell them to a wholesaler, this is a huge leap for us.   The obvious (to me) first problem is how to harvest a quantity of anything.  Is there a place to find harvesting equipment for a small farm?
We are interested in a two row green bean harvester....and maybe a two row corn harvester.

Susan Houghton
Lansing MI