market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] how much to plant

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] how much to plant
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:07:49 -0500

Try this out:

http://www.csafarms.org/csafarms0656231.asp look through the CSA Training Manual Chapters and the click on "Appendix E: Planting Guides 100 kb"

They have a PDF of one of the sections of the manual that has a good per person break down rather than you standard 100ft = Xlbs or 1 Acre = YLbs.

The direct link to the file is here:

http://www.csafarms.org/downloads/n_appendix_e_planitng_guides.pdf

I do not do CSA's so I may not be the best source of information, but I found the above link fairly interesting.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1848