market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Mulch

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "TxBeeFarmer" <TxBeeFarmer AT HotPop.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Mulch
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 12:12:32 -0600

Steve,

Actually, I do live close to Midland/Odessa. I'm north of Big Spring. The idea of planting clover sounds good - where can I get the kind of seeds you're talking about? When's the best time to plant it without irrigation? I've also thought of planting wheat and knocking it down as a mulch too, but not sure how to do that either, unless I get a no-till planter. But am thinking anything I grow and knock down won't be thick enough to do any good. As far as walkways, I only have skipped rows for a trailer to go down. Those are easy to mowed with the shredder or run down with an onion blade or disk. Really can't plant just the skip rows - only have a seed slinger for small seeds. Yes, I'd like to know of some local people who have straw bales.

Thanks
TxBeeFarmer (Mark)
West Texas Zone 7b

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Bridges" <steve AT texasgrown.com>