market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Cold Frames vs Greenhouse

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <alison.wiediger AT hart.kyschools.us>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Cold Frames vs Greenhouse
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 07:22:42 -0600

We use a minimally heated greenhouse, but put germination mats under our
flats. We have 2 controllers so we can have two different temperature
zones for differing seed requirements.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm

How do most people germinate flats such as tomatoes, peppers and
eggplants when temperatures are cool in unheated tunnels?

Brenton

Brenton Johnson
Agricultural Engineer
Bureau of Reclamation