market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Allis G Electrical

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Ron" <ghfarm AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Allis G Electrical
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 14:58:57 -0500

The G has a positive ground when on 6 volts. If you convert to 12, change
to negative ground. I have use a small alternator off of a Nissan or
similar, made brackets looks and fits nice. You must change the ignition
coil and I prefer to use one with an internal resistor. You will have no
trouble with the starter, if the engine is in good shape and pops right off.
My starter has been on 12 volts for over 10 years.

I think the G should be built again,

Have a great day,
Ron