market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] liquid fertilizers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: pech <pech9 AT rocketmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] liquid fertilizers
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 07:54:33 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the input!

I do have a soil test and plan on getting one every year until I'm happy with where the soil is, then drop back to every other year. I didn't know you could get organic recommendations. The guy that did the soil test last year told me "organic doesn't matter cause the plant doesn't care where the nutrients come from", he was suggesting chemical fertilizers to fix my deficiencies which is P and K

Any way I opted to "fix" each plant instead of the whole field this year because of time, which led to my question.

Right now I am on the hunt for compost, but being in horse country, it's been sorta slow going, most of the compost here is fresh with allot of straw in it! Gotsta find me a dairy.....

Have Fun
Dave
z6a