market-farming - [Market-farming] Looking for a new seeder

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Fellenz <fellenz AT fltg.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Looking for a new seeder
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 21:43:44 -0400

I'd like to get a new seeder for small to medium size seed vegetables for next season. I do a wide mix of vegetables and am looking for a seeder which can do a good job for carrots, beets, radishes, turnips and possibly even spinach. I'd like it to singulate and space the seed reasonably well and have good depth control.
I've used and sold all of my earthway seeders - I could never get them to perform well, have given up on pinpoint seeders and will keep one of my Planet Jrs for peas and beans but would really like to find a single row or hand pushed seeder which will do a good job. Most of the plantings will be in the range of 800 to 2,000 row ft at a time

Any recommendations? I'll spend what it takes to get a good tool.
Thanks,

Andy
www.FellenzFamilyFarm.com