market-farming - [Market-farming] yields in the fields

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Shawnee Flowerfarmer" <farmingflowers AT hotmail.com>
  • To: Market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] yields in the fields
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 22:33:26 -0500

When it comes to corn, of any kind, a good yield is when I can say, Wow!  I got some that the mammals and the bugs didn't get first.  (organikally speaking)  I have made more money growing baby corn, harvested at 3-4" long when nobody had them for sale than from mature ears when everybody at the market had them .

Radishes...depends on the variety for sizing, field spacing and yield.  In Northern Illinois, the fall harvest,  for me, is best because the insect pressure is off.  No flea beetles or rootworms.  Marketable yields frequently vary depending on clever pest management in organik growing.

Shawnee, zone 5, post monsoons, now irrigating.

Get the device you want, with the HotmailĀ® you love.