market-farming - [Market-farming] Appreciation to Organic vs Conventional Research Responses

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jay Atkerson <jay AT mcreccwb.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Appreciation to Organic vs Conventional Research Responses
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 15:35:50 -0500

"Plus, it looks like new sources of funding are emerging to support organic or sustainable production methodologies, the USDA being one source. In the state of Illinois, the state government is developing programs to support organic research and educational programming. So I think the research-based information you're interested in is coming." Bill Shoemaker quote

Bill, thanks for your response. Hard data research rather than emotional
tirades enables us to act with credibility when it comes to objectively
examine organic methods. Many of us make decisions based on our observations
supporting organic methods but we need to continually examine those decisions.

Thanks to others who cited current research.

Jay
Palisade Gardens

  • [Market-farming] Appreciation to Organic vs Conventional Research Responses, Jay Atkerson, 09/11/2007