market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Organic vs conventional agriculture production

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Organic vs conventional agriculture production
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:27:52 -0400

In this connection, coincidentally, I came across a VERY interesting
article today.

Maybe comparing organic vs. conventional production isn't the right
question to ask anymore: maybe the right question is really 'Which form of
agriculture *can* continue without worsening global warming and using up
scarce petroleum?'.

And then, of course, the next question becomes 'And how do we maximize the
yields from this form of agriculture?'

http://www.resurgence.org/selection/egziabher1005.htm

Cheers,
Pat
--
http://www.entire-of-itself.blogspot.com/
In Pennsylvania's Northern Tier, northeastern USA.

'Be the change that you want to see in the world'
Mohandas Gandhi