market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] We got robbed at the market, don't let this happen to you

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sharon and Steve" <shopkins AT tdstelme.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] We got robbed at the market, don't let this happen to you
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 07:10:20 -0400

but we've considered going to
a carpenter's apron so we never turn our backs on the cash. Anybody else
use 'em?

Errol Castens
Well, actually it was an apron from the state with their latest logo promoting local produce, proved to be a major PITA fishing for the right coins and sorting bills on a breezy day.

I am using a cash register from Sam's Club @ $106, a 12 volt inverter from auto parts, for $20 more, along with the digital scales I have had for years. Cash register had to be the best money spent in 2006 as it has departments for keeping track of taxables, and several different vegetables. And, it is bulky enough to require an athlete to run with it.
The print-out at the end of the day is entered onto a spread sheet and the bookkeeping for a month takes 5 minutes.

MAsteveINE