market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Plowed fields with weeds

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sharon and Steve" <shopkins AT tdstelme.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>, <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Plowed fields with weeds
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 14:46:46 -0400

If they were mine at this place I would hit them with a disk harrow while they were less than 6 inches tall, they should break down and disappear quickly in warm weather. I had a situation like that where I was delayed till Red Root and Lambs Quarter (I was even too late on the Lambs Quarter for a decent feed of greens!) were above knee high and I hit them with the rototiller,it got them burried and rotting but it will be a while before I can get in there with anything with teeth that would just rake the stems out of the dirt.

MAsteveINE