market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] NYTimes.com: Food That Travels Well

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Schuler <sunnfarm AT verizon.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] NYTimes.com: Food That Travels Well
  • Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 16:09:56 -0500 (CDT)

Supermarkets are a perfect example of do as we say not as we do. Anyone who
has ever shipped produce to a supermarket chain will tell you they have the
highest quality standards in the world. Most all the produce you buy at your
local farmers market would not be good enough for the supermarket buyers. So
what happens when quality produce gets into the supermarket warehouse??? I
haven't a clue. It comes out into the display floor totally trashed.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.