market-farming - [Market-farming] raccoon strategies

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] raccoon strategies
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 16:23:40 +0000

I second the vote for a great pyr. mine even watches the skies and will chase
off hawks that fly too low. he chases vultures, too, even though i'm not sure
they'd bother the chickens. but the chickens get upset whenever they see a
shadow of any sort passing overhead, so i guess he takes his cues from them.
he wanted to play with them when he was a pup, but fussing him about it
quickly nipped that in the bud and now he can be trusted with the chickens
all the time. i live way out in the ozarks where predators are plenty and
without this dog i'm sure i'd have lost a bunch by now. my chickens are not
even caged or locked at night. that dog is worth his weight in gold!

Roxann, NW AR, zone 6a

  • [Market-farming] raccoon strategies, roxann, 06/25/2007