market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Bleach water blues

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Schuler <sunnfarm AT verizon.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Bleach water blues
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 07:45:21 -0500 (CDT)

John, My biggest challenge in using bleach is not what to do with the rinse
water but how to maintain the chlorine levels during washing. Chlorine
neutralizes almost instantly when coming in contact with organic matter or
soil and most of it evaporates during the washing process. I dump the water
on my greenhouse floors and benches when possible to disinfect any disease
that may have built up during the winter... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.