market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Epson Salts for Crops

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sharon and Steve" <shopkins AT tdstelme.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Epson Salts for Crops
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 06:12:54 -0400

I plan to broadcast it like granular fertilizer. The Epson Salt Council
http://www.epsomsaltcouncil.org/garden_usage_tips.htm recommends 1 cup per
100 square feet. An acre has 48,560 square feet. I'd guess that would be a
couple of 50 lb. bags per acre.

TxBeeFarmer
What does your soil test say about mg? Mine says I am at 11.4 when 10 -25 is optimum; so I am not going to buy any bags of anything before I try a pound or two and see the result.

If you are going to be irrigating you mught want to check your water also. One of the chemical guys came to our greenhouse growers club meeting and spent the evening on the value of ca in Poinsettia production and that we should be adding enoughcalcium nitrate to get 250ppm in our water. When I got home and checked my water test I found I had 249ppm and that was a place where I for once did not need to spend money.

MAsteveINE