market-farming - [Market-farming] Small Farm Central - Free Memberships Available

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Simon Huntley" <simon.huntley AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Small Farm Central - Free Memberships Available
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 13:40:23 -0400

Hi Everyone,

Hope you year is getting off to a good start! I run the Small Farm Central service which provides web development services to small farms. I won't bore you with further detail because many of you have probably seen my emails on this list. If you are not familiar, visit http://www.smallfarmcentral.com for more information.

I am emailing you because I would like to offer a limited number of free memberships to Small Farm Central - meaning you will not have to pay a single cent to have a professional, database-driven website until the end of the season. I am doing this because I want to learn more about how I can improve this service for future users and maybe convince you to become a paying user someday; but there will be no obligation for you. Here are the guidelines:
  • Free access to the small farm central service on your own sub-domain (yourfarm.smallfarmcentral.com) until 10/31/2007. This can be easily switched over to your own domain later if you decide to purchase the service.
  • All I ask from you is strong communication and what effort you can provide to create a vibrant web site for your farm. I estimate this will entail about 6-8 hours of work to get your site set up for the first time - meaning adding photos, staff information, varieties, recipes, a custom header, and etc and then 1-3 hours per week to keep the site very fresh. This may be a good task to give to an intern.
  • Good communication. I want to know what you think of the system, where it can be improved, and any new ideas you may have. Also, if you like the service, I would appreciate it if you would tell other farmers about Small Farm Central. The communication goes both ways, so I will be here for you as you customize the site and to learn how you use the service and where I can improve the usability.
So that's all. No strings attached. If you send me an email back stating that you want to go for the free service, you will be set up by the end of the week. I will provide you as much support as you need to get going, but the way the system is set up, there is no need for technical skill. I hope you consider taking this opportunity. You will be helping me by providing feedback and getting my name out there and I will be helping you by giving you a website.

Keep in touch. Email me if you have any questions about this offer.
--
-Simon Huntley
Lead Developer, Small Farm Central

Support Phone Number: 412-567-3864

  • [Market-farming] Small Farm Central - Free Memberships Available, Simon Huntley, 04/07/2007