market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Debt Free Organics

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Debt Free Organics
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 18:32:05 -0800 (PST)

>I brought this one up a few weeks ago...they actually told me to take
note of the "conditions" that said not to reveal anything. She told me I
would get in "trouble" if I reported the money and that the government
was trying to shut them down.........sigh....as I told her...if this is a
scam, it is truly evil to be targeting organic farmers in debt. If they
had millions to "gift" why would they be asking the farmers for a
"processing donation". And...the donation triggers a percentage of a
payback on debts paid for your friends. I believe this is by definition
a pyramid scheme, which I thought was illegal. I also could find no info
on the organization anywhere.....evil?

> There is a nation wide scam targeting CSA farmers! We (and several
> farmers we know) received multiple phone calls from people claiming to
> be part of a private trust called Debt Free Organic which will give
> small farmers up to 2.5 million dollars to pay off debts and use on farm
> projects. They ask for a donation "to process your application". They
> use a lot of persuasive language- "how open minded are you?" and >"are
> you an information gatherer or do you really want help?" etc... When I
> tried to get addresses, full names, tax ID etc...they got hostile. It
> makes me SICK to think of them taking any small farmer's money!

  • Re: [Market-farming] Debt Free Organics, sora, 02/15/2007