market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] buying live plants??

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "John Wages" <jwages AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "Nan Johnson <nan AT olemiss.edu>, Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] buying live plants??
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 16:52:10 -0600

Nan -

Have you looked at Horizon Herbs in OR?  Depending on what you want and how many plants, Horizon might be a good way to go.   http://www.horizonherbs.com/

John

----- Original Message -----
Sent: 2/14/2007 12:22:22 PM
Subject: [Market-farming] buying live plants??

We need a reliable source of herb seedlings (already potted - small) other than Richter's in Canada (we will use them also but have had bad results with buying live plants from them, perhaps because of customs/border delays).

If located in the Southeast, USA, great, but not required. Some species we need will be relatively rare/tropical (not what you would find at WalMart, hah!)

 Any companies come to mind???

Many thanks, nan at dancing goats farm, n. mississippi