market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tomatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: avalonfarmshomegrown AT earthlink.net, market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tomatoes
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 15:25:40 GMT

I checked e-mail this morning, and deleted 54 messages. I'm tired of the tillage debate. Interesting, but it's time to move on. So to move on to a more pleasant topic, What is the best selling tomato out there? Especially for farmers market sales. If you grow more than one variety, how do you keep them separate at market? I have bought seed for 20 different varieties this year. I know, I got carried away. I always do. So, what is the best way to keep this mess separate so when a customer asks me which one is which I will know what I'm talking about? Is there some fool proof method that is simple? Everything else is so much easier. Squash and zucchini. Cukes. Eggplant. But tomatoes? They all look the same after awhile.

Thanks in advance,

Carla