market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Row covers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: road's end farm <organic101 AT linkny.com>
  • To: lists AT rhomestead.com, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Row covers
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 22:40:53 -0500

On Feb 7, 2007, at 10:06 PM, Beth Spaugh wrote:

I was about to buy Agribon from Johnny's, who seem to have the best price
around on the 83" x 1000 this year. I just got the Berry Hill Irrigation
catalog though and they have another brand, Atmore Industries Gro-Guard,
which is much less expensive. The comparison for their precuts are like
$5+/yard from other places and $3+/yard from Berry Hill, if I am doing my
arithmetic correctly (always a question).

Does anyone have experience with the Atmore brand?

Beth Spaugh
Rehoboth Homestead
Peru NY
http://rhomestead.com

Never tried Atmore, so no opinion on that. You might also investigate Rainflo, 717-445-6976; their equivalent weight Covertan is a little cheaper than Johnny's Agribon; or maybe Belle Terre Irrigaion in Sodus NY; I think they have row cover; www.dripsupply.com

I got my Agribon from Sauder's near Penn Yan, 315-536-2160, but one reason that was cheapest for me was because that's within easy driving range for me to pick up, so I saved the shipping charges. But I think they do ship and their Agribon price is also a little less than Johnny's. You might need to check the actual shipping charges from all the sources, though, to find out which was cheapest for you in practice.