market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] NAIS, etc.

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Heirloom Grower" <heirloomgrower AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] NAIS, etc.
  • Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 20:45:00 -0600

Thousands of our forefathers, over several centuries, have fought and died for our right to enjoy the freedoms we were born to in this country. On 9-11, I was working at a medical school, and witnessed first hand quite a few of our future medical professionals who were--and still are--willing to offer up on a silver platter every single one of the rights, freedoms and privileges secured for us over the centuries, if only someone could and would guarantee them 'safety'. This willingness went so far as to submit to the monitoring of their every action, every conversation.

There are lots of things various folks think we need to be 'protected' from these days, as though we haven't lived perfectly fine lives all these years without these technological marvels in all truth will serve to snoop and to control and enforce and imprison. And lots of us are following like sheep--falling for it hook, line, and sinker. Someday, when it's too late, we'll all figure it out. It'll all be done then, though, and we'll be sunk. Wonder how we will feel when we're all penned down by the various systems we thought would 'protect' us imprison us instead? Until then, though, it's just easier to go with the flow.

Life happens, folks. Sometimes it's good, and sometimes not so good. But once we are minutely controlled, even the very good will be unbearably stifling.

All of know how today's excessive paperwork can put a damper on productivity. Something tells me we ain't seen nuttin' yet. Something also tells me that there's lots more to all this stuff than meets the eye, and that the motivations are huge and not exactly what they're purported to be.

Elise

  • Re: [Market-farming] NAIS, etc., Heirloom Grower, 11/05/2006