market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Market-farming Digest, Vol 46, Issue 4

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: nancy a parker <nan3russ AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Market-farming Digest, Vol 46, Issue 4
  • Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 13:16:16 -0600

Just have a few questions about the WIC and Senior programs for Farmer's
Markets.
The program just began this summer at our market and I keep getting
conflicting info. Only a few signed up as it sounded complicated but many
more are planning to join next year.
I grow all my product but some do not. They grow some and buy some at
Produce auctions.
What is the percentage break down. What about pricing. or details on
where the other product comes from?
Also didn't I see on the list that there is no longer a 501(c) 3
designation for Farmer's Markets?
Appreciate answers from anyone
Thanks, Nancy Parker
Sulphur Hill Farm Gardens. Zone 5