market-farming - [Market-farming] Ohio High Tunnel workshop

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: High tunnel discussion list <HIGHTUNNELS AT LISTSERV.KSU.EDU>, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>, OEFFA list <oeffadirect AT oeffa.org>, Organic Gardening Discussion List <OGL AT LSV.UKY.EDU>, SANET <SANET-MG AT LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU>, SustainableAg AT yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Ohio High Tunnel workshop
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 15:36:09 -0400

I found this in my email this morning and thought some of you may fine this of interest.

Lucy Goodman

Join growers, researchers and industry professionals on November 14, 2006 at Fisher Auditorium on the Ohio Agriculture Research and Development Center campus in Wooster, Ohio as they discuss high tunnel design, construction and management.  This Horticulture High Tunnel workshop is designed to provide information on how to use this season extender for field production. We will introduce you to production practices for organic and conventional high tunnels, as well as information about disease and insect pest control, fertility and irrigation practices.  The all day event starts at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 6:00 p.m.  Cost of the workshop is $65 and includes a local food luncheon, a tour of the high tunnels at OARDC, trade show and reference materials. Please make checks payable to The Ohio State University and send registration to Small Farm Institute, P.O. Box 488, Coshocton, OH 43812.
Registration for the High Tunnel Workshop is due November 1, 2006.

  • [Market-farming] Ohio High Tunnel workshop, Lucy Goodman, 10/12/2006