market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tillers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Schuler <sunnfarm AT verizon.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tillers
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 09:24:50 -0500 (CDT)

One misleading thing about roto tillers that you should keep in mind when
making a purchase is that they come in two forms. One type is for primary
tillage and can do everything even tilling under trees and shattering rocks.
The other and the most common on the market today are secondary tillage
machines. These are for making seed beds after plowing or chopping debris
after harvest or tilling a green manure crop into the top two inches of soil
before plowing with a moldboard... I see less primary tillage machines today
because they have priced themselves out of the market so if you see an
affordable new tiller for sale its probably a secondary type machine... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.