market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Drip Tape was Fall sales slump

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Schuler <sunnfarm AT verizon.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Drip Tape was Fall sales slump
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 10:45:35 -0500 (CDT)

I went back to using overhead sprinklers but have used buried drip in the
past. I cut a furrow with a single disc hiller 3-4" deep, lay tape with the
holes facing down and cover with the same disc hiller. It works extremely
well and hand hoeing is easy since we never dig deeper than a inch. Tape
pulls out easy on my sandy loam though I always used 10 mill, I don't know
how well thinner tape will pull up on heavier soils. If you have drip-tape
recycling in your area it might be rejected from being too dirty... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.