market-farming - [Market-farming] Legal help

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: miranda AT tagoresmith.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Legal help
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 12:04:06 -0500 (CDT)

--What a drag. I'm sorry to hear that about FLAG; I thought they acted on
behalf of individual farmers.

My next idea is to look for a politcally ambitious lawyer who wants some
publicity for going to bat for a small farmer. I would start my search by
calling local newspaper reporters. They generally have a good sense of who
is sympathetic to various issues. I'd also try to get some media coverage.
As long as you have an unassailable paper trail, a reporter is likely to
be interested in covering the story. Sometimes that kind of attention gets
you the help you need, especially if you make it clear in the story that
you are looking for a legal advocate.

Good luck.

Miranda Smith

Snip from original message:

I have been in contact with FLAG for the past 4-5 months. Yet they seem to
be unable to help me in this case. Taking a look at their mission statement
again it (from the link you brought up) it seems that they should be able
to. However, in speaking to them they say they don't usually take on
individual cases like this.
--Gary