market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Helicopters

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Mark Abner" <wizard1 AT wildblue.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Helicopters
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 12:41:03 -0400

Manuvering below 400' agl (above ground level) over  populated area is forbiden under FAA flight rules. The sticky thing here is defineing populated area in a court of law . However if several people in the area make complaints to the local FISDO office it will have an impact. I once went to the airport here and cornered the comander of a group of dope rangers  who had been buzzing my sheep pasture and told him that the next pass he personaly was going to own some very expensiver breeding stock ( sueing the comander personaly is a better tactic as the army and the government has lots more money for lawyers  but the indvidual comander does not)

    I also told him that the county sherriff was welcome to come and do a walk thought of my place any time he wanted just call to make sure I was there first. I also stated that if his personel couldnt tell after 15 low passes over my sheep pasture that there wasnt any pot there he needed to retrain them. Sometimes you just have to be a pushy SOB to get thier attention. It helps to know the applicable regulations too I once had them land a chopper near a group I was camping with in violation of faa safty rules I asked what they were doing landing in a populated space they said they had an emergency  I asked the nature of it  they said the engine chip light was on. I asked how many time the crew cheif had reset it. at this point they got kinda cautios  and I continued  that if it was more than twice that bird was grouned and would have to be hauled out of the woods on a trailer and a full hotsection inspection done on the engine before it could fly again ( about a 30,000 dollar operation ) under US flight safty regulation  part 91 part 45 part 135 and part 141  at this point the descied it had only been reset twice and flew away quickly without leaveing the landing zone and didnt come back.

Mark
   <  Some of it sounds as if it's in violation of aviation laws (I think there are minimum height restrictions,      though am not sure what they are; call the FAA, maybe, and ask?). If everybody puts up   with the illegal behaviour, there will only be more of it.