market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Groundhog crisis.

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Bock, Paul" <PBock AT avox.zodiac.com>
  • To: "'market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Groundhog crisis.
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 12:54:31 -0400

I have two dogs, one of which was quilled by a porcupine. Ever since, he
has had a ferocious desire to eliminate groundhogs from the face of the
earth. I don't know why he transferred his anger to groundhogs, but it has
got to hurt a lot less. (And doesn't cost as much in vet bills) The other
dog seems to think it is a great idea as well. One dog (that got quilled)
is a border collie / lassie collie mix. The other is a mutt that probably
has german shepard and newfoundland in him.

I even saw a beagle take out a groundhog the same size as himself. They all
seem to use the "bark-at-the-hole-until-the-groundhog-comes-out" technique.
I don't understand why this technique works. In the case of the beagle it
took about half an hour, but it worked and he got his hawg.

Paul Bock
Stone Gully

  • Re: [Market-farming] Groundhog crisis., Bock, Paul, 05/19/2006