market-farming - [Market-farming] FW: Watch Our New Global Warming TV Ads - Launching Today!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jill Bussiere" <jdt AT itol.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] FW: Watch Our New Global Warming TV Ads - Launching Today!
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 10:36:18 -0600

Marty,
I thought you might be encouraged by the effort below.
Jill

*******************************
Make sure every American sees our hard-hitting ads on global
warming.

Watch the ads and forward them to friends:
http://actionnetwork.org/ct/y1aHMCs13ROg/

*******************************

Be among the first to see the new ads - launched just moments
ago by Environmental Defense and the Ad Council as part of a
powerful public service advertising campaign.

These ads are an opening wave of a multi-year consumer education
and awareness campaign to get every American to join the fight
against global warming. But I need your help to make that
happen.

Watch our new TV spots and send them to your friends. Our ads
are designed to be a wake up call. You can help get the message
out by sending them to your friends and family:
http://actionnetwork.org/ct/y1aHMCs13ROg/

You may be familiar with the Ad Council. They are the non-profit
public service arm of the U.S. advertising industry that has
created iconic public education spots such as "Friends Don't Let
Friends Drive Drunk" and Smokey Bear.

By working in partnership with the Ad Council, we will:

* Receive approximately $100 million in donated media over 3
years. This means that every $1 we spend on production and
distribution costs will unleash $30 in donated broadcast time!

* Bring a new focus to the dangers of global warming. This
national ad campaign is a wake up call to all Americans. Global
warming isn't some abstract problem in the distant future. It's
happening now. Unless we all take concrete steps TODAY, we could
see irreversible consequences within our lifetimes.

* Capitalize on a watershed moment to make change. There is
growing national consensus that global warming is a real
problem. This powerful ad campaign is the first major effort to
capture this growing concern and to give people tangible steps
they can take in their own lives to make a difference.

These new television spots are evocative, compelling and
powerful. They have to be if we want all Americans to change
their behavior.

And, these spots are just the beginning of our Fight Global
Warming campaign.

Take a moment and watch the ads. Then, help get the message out
by sending these ads around:
http://actionnetwork.org/ct/y1aHMCs13ROg/

My deepest thanks,

Fred Krupp