market-farming - [Market-farming] The Case of the Strange Walking Sets

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Kevin Wilson <kevin.wilson100 AT shaw.ca>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] The Case of the Strange Walking Sets
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 12:00:36 -0800

Allan wrote:
For the last several years, our onion sets 'walk' overnight. This
year, they are walking in the hoophouse as well as in the fields.
While we plant biointensively, on intensively within rows, the next
morning beds will have gatherings of sets in them. Usually 3 sets
bunched together by their tops.

Given the netting and reemay over top, I'd be suspicious of something pushing them up from underneath. Mice? Voles? Moles?

Kevin Wilson
Fiddlers Farm, Powell River, BC