market-farming - [Market-farming] no till organic field corn

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Sam White <cedarrockcsa AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] no till organic field corn
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 06:18:10 -0800 (PST)

Hi, I'm new to the list and this is a little off
topic.

My goal is to convince my father-n-law, a beef farmer,
to go organic. Half are grass-fed, but the other
half are still being fed a minimal amount of grain
with their haylage and hay.

He insists on growing corn, as most of his customers
are looking for a nice roast with plenty of fat.

Anyone here have experience with no tilling corn into
stands of barley or other cover crops and not
spraying?

thanks,

--------
Sam White
Cedar Rock Farm/CSA
* Natural Angus Beef
* Certified Naturally Grown Produce and Greenhouse
http://www.cedarrockfarm.org
cedarrockcsa AT yahoo.com

--
I come into the peace of wild things who do not tax their lives with
forethought of grief... For a time I rest in the grace of the world, and am