market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] WTB- Johnny's Pinpoint Seeder (old model)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Alex McGregor" <waldenfarm AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] WTB- Johnny's Pinpoint Seeder (old model)
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 19:33:08 -0500

Maybe some explanation is in order- You said that you're willing to pay near original price.  I cut $26 off and I pay shipping.  You came back with $76 off- not "near" enough.

If you had wanted to haggle, maybe you shouldn't have said you were willing to pay "near original cost" and then backed out.  I would have expected you to make a $ offer and that would let me know we were dealing.  Then I could have said that, since these are no longer available and this one is in such good condition, that it was worth more than what it cost years ago- say $300.  Then I could let you talk me down to $225.

Alex McGregor
Walden Farm