market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] poly tubes as greenhouse heat source??

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] poly tubes as greenhouse heat source??
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:02:02 -0500

Another water container you can use and we have used them at the research
farm in unheated tomato tunnels are poly greenhouse ventilation tubes. Poly
tubes come in diameters from 10" to 30" custom cut to any length you want,
you order them without vent holes of course. Lay them on the ground along
both sides of the tomato row, tie the ends tight after filling them with
water. Tubes provide a continuous source of heat along the entire tomato row.
We have walked on the tubes full of water without causing leaks but try to
avoid that. Tubes are uv stabilized and last for years. Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.