market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Economics - sustainable ag?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost AT gilanet.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Economics - sustainable ag?
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 17:39:52 -0700

Devil's advocate here. If you've never done much growing and don't have
anybody in on it who has, then farming will not be a viable option, unless
you have years to learn the ropes, and find what works with your soil and
climate and market. Salatin for example is a fifth generation farmer. Start
small is a safer idea. Let the kiddos get big enough to learn the work.

paul, tradingpost AT riseup.net
The outstanding scientific discovery of the twentieth century is not
television, or radio, but rather the complexity of the land organism. Only
those who know the most about it can appreciate how little we know about it.
- Aldo Leopold in Round River, 1933