market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] yield estimates

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: david purpura <davepurpura AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] yield estimates
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 12:29:08 -0800 (PST)

Hi All.  This is a good question - I'm interested in yield estimates particularly for tomatoes.  I didn't keep records of that information this past year.  I called Johnny's and asked and they don't have that information for particular varieties - just general numbers for tomatoes...

One ounce transplanted will yield an average of 7400 plants, and average yield for 100' row is 150 pounds.

I planted two of Johnny's varieties this year - Rose, and Paragon.  I would estimate that I got five to six times the yield quoted above.  Anyone else have this detailed information?

dave

Yahoo! Shopping

  • Re: [Market-farming] yield estimates, david purpura, 12/12/2005