market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Atlas greenhouse/propane

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT HART.k12.ky.us>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Atlas greenhouse/propane
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 15:00:15 -0600

Marie,

You must have missed a couple of the emails - I know they never showed up here.  They were talking about new toys.

A 140 is an offset cultivating tractor used heavily in tobacco production here in KY, and wonderful for cultivating crops as you look right down at the row.

A 784 is a mid-sized tractor (well, small to many farmers and large to us!) - about 70  HP.  It is the workhorse for us in loader work, clipping pastures, and for me, wonderful to bale hay with.  Sometimes I wonder how we got along without a loader.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm